We offer day respite care to 133 clients each week giving their carers a much needed break. Homelink employs sixteen paid members of staff, four of whom are qualified nurses. We also have fifty volunteers – some who work in the centre and some who are drivers.
We are looking for 2 new Trustees who are able to enhance the charity by using their skills, knowledge and/or experience to help the Board of Trustees reach sound decisions whilst fulfilling its charitable objectives.
Trustees, who are unpaid volunteers, need to:
- Acquire sufficient knowledge in order to contribute and inform broad decisions
- Lead or be proactive in contributing positively to discussions
- Serve as a member of a sub-committee when required
- Focus on key issues in a timely manner
- Make a particular contribution in areas where the Trustee has special expertise/experience
- Show regular commitment to attend/contribute positively to meetings (one evening monthly Board meeting plus one other sub-committee meeting per month)
We welcome applications from anyone interested in the work of Homelink, especially those who have legal, business, IT, health service experience, marketing/HR or financial skills or who have experience in the charity sector.
For further information about Homelink or for more information about the role of Trustee please contact Jen Clarke, Clerk to the Trustees on 0208 255 1992 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Charity No: 1047856
Homelink Day Respite Centre, Hospital Bridge Road, Whitton, Middlesex TW2 6DE